We are very close to the weekend! Are you ready?
Did you make plans? Well, today is your day. Start making your plans now so that you are ready, without an excuse, to have a GREAT time!
1. Take a few minutes and write down your plans for the weekend. Just as you begin taking care of your housework and chores, take a minute to write your plans, it will help you to stick to them. Take another few minutes and write down what you may need for next week. Take an hour or a 1/2 hour each day and get a jump on the things that you have to do. You will sleep a little better with this 1st step of accomplishment.
Prepare thy work without, and make it fit for thyself in the field; and afterwards build thine house.
2. Plan for church. Start looking for what to wear. What form of transportation will you use to get there? Do you have your checkbook for your tithes? Have you decided what to eat after church?
And when they were come, and had gathered the church together, they rehearsed all that God had done with them.
3. Plan for fun. Schedule in something that is fun for you. Do something that you’ve been putting off. Spend some time with someone who makes you laugh. Turn on the radio and dance to a good song.
There’s a time to laugh…
There’s a time to dance…
4. Plan for work this weekend. Get everything ready for your weekend workday. Thank God for your job! Prepare now so that you can enjoy a little bit of downtime before you go to work or some fun time after work!
For thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee.
5. Plan to take a nap. Refresh yourself for the activities that you’ve planned. Take a nice short or long nap, whichever makes you feel good.
At the commandment of the Lord the children of Israel journeyed, and at the commandment of the Lord they pitched: as long as the cloud abode upon the tabernacle they rested in their tents.
6. Plan to enjoy your weekend! Pray, study your favorite scripture. Eat your favorite ice cream. Do something exciting. Spend time with someone you love. Spend some quality time with yourself. Enjoy your weekend!
Psalm 27:13 (NLT)
Yet I am confident I will see the Lord’s goodness while I am here in the land of the living.