Can I brag about God?
Thanks to Him, my heavenly Father, I don’t have sleepless nights. He’s been so good to me in this area. Without a formula I’m going to share what I believe will help you. Get your favorite night cap, hopefully it’s water or tea and let’s get some sleep!
- Read! Yes, read! Read your Bible. Read 1 verse, 1 passage, 1 chapter or a book. Ask God to make each word plain to you. Make sure that you understand what you’ve read. This practice will put you in position to begin your nighttime routine. His Word will comfort you to sleep and provide you with instructions for the next day. This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. Joshua 1:8 KJV. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalms 119:105 KJV
- Get Rid of the Problems of the Day! There’s nothing worse than trying to carry all of the troubles of the day with you. Talk to God about your day. The great thing is you don’t have to hide, you can talk as long as you’d like, you don’t have to be ashamed, you can share all of your frustrations. After all, He’s God! Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. 1 Peter 5:7 KJV
- Tell the truth! Confess what you’ve done throughout the day that you know you should not have. Ask for forgiveness of secret sins. When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long. I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord ; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. Psalms 32:3, 5 KJV
- Give It Up! Let go and let God. Take deep breaths now that you’ve confessed and asked for forgiveness. Let everything go! Your surroundings should start to look different now. You’re entering your rest place. There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. Hebrews 4:9-10 KJV
- Drink up! Get your water or your favorite herbal tea to settle your body. Are your eyelids heavy?
- Lights out! Turn everything off. I know you like falling asleep to the sound of the news, but turn off those electrical devices, get them away from you. Are you yawning? He sitteth alone and keepeth silence,… Lamentations 3:28a KJV
- Get off of your feet! Lay down and begin relaxing a 1/2 hour before you want to be asleep. If this is difficult try 10 – 15 minutes. I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord , only makest me dwell in safety. Psalms 4:8 KJV
- Say thanks! Begin thanking God for the day while you’re laying down. Thank Him for providing for you and protecting you and your loved ones. Thank God that you are alive and thank Him for the rest that you are about to have. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 KJV
Have a Great Nights sleep!
Don’t forget to let us know how it went!